- Check for leaks and pipe bursts
- Look out for any water heater leaks or troubles
- Make sure your faucets aren’t leaking
- See if your toilet or other plumbing fixtures are securely attached
- Look out for any drain clogs or obstructions
- Check your water pressure
- Make sure your toilet tank isn’t leaking
Check for Leaks and Pipe BurstsSince you increased the amount of use you put your plumbing system through this summer, make sure you don’t have any leaking or burst pipes on your property. The five most commons signs of leaking and burst pipes are:
- Rusty pipes
- Increased water bills
- Damaged floors
- Stained or discolored walls and wallpaper
- Ceiling stains
Look Out for Water Heater Leaks and Other IssuesWater heater issues are usually quite apparent. You will end up without hot water or notice visible signs of leaks or damage quite readily. If you suspect that your water heater is having trouble, have our team of professionals come out and look. Remember, even though it seems counterintuitive, you most likely used your water heater more during the summer than during other seasons (except maybe during Winter).
Make Sure Your Faucets are Secured and Leak-FreeLeaking faucets waste water and increase your water bill for no good reason. If you have noticed any leaky or loose faucets or spigots in your home or business, then take care of them quickly. The longer you wait, the worse those problems will become. Moreover, since you more than likely used your faucets more this summer, now is an excellent time to ensure they are all in perfect working order.
Check to See if Your Toilet is Tightly SecuredOne major issue that our plumbers see during our summer plumbing checkups is a loose toilet. Your toilets shouldn’t wiggle and move when you sit on them. Instead, they should be tightly secured to the floor and plumbing they are attached to. If you notice a shakey or loose toilet, contact the plumbing professionals here at Water Heaters Masters.
Find and Remove Drain Clogs and ObstructionsSeveral signs point towards you having clogged or obstructed drains. Moreover, if you find yourself facing down any of those signs, now is the right time to touch the Water Heaters Masters [team of drain cleaning professionals. Some of the more common signs of drain clogs and obstructions include:
- Slow-moving drains
- Bubbling or gurgling drains
- Strange or bad-smelling odors coming up from your pipes
- Backed up plumbing appliances elsewhere in your home or business